Tuesday, 17 February 2009

New York, New York!

YESSSS!!!!!!


Good News! From the Syracuse Crunch Blog:

Crunch forward Nikita Filatov, who has been out with a bad sinus infection, said he should be reading [sic] for Friday's game vs. visiting Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. He practiced on Tuesday, but is not going to Toronto.

"You can announced in the paper, Friday, big show,'' he joked.

- Filatov and injured forward Stefan Legein had a spirited post-practice workout. With Filatov listening, Legein claimed that in some scoring drills he dominated his teammate.

"I want to change my number to 91, because I'm better than him,'' Legein joked. Filatov wears No. 90.

Legein, who has been out with a broken finger, said he could get medical clearance as soon as Wednesday and might play Friday.

I am dancing. On my bed. Like a little kid. Wheeee!!!



East Coast to do list
[note: (march 17, 2009) items crossed off were ACTUALLY accomplished :P]

The MoMA (I've only been meaning to go since 1999)
The Guggenheim (ditto above)
The Met. Again. For the fourth time.
skating on Wollman Rink :)
Ground Zero
Saint Paul's Chapel
knitting with A.J.
cavorting in Brooklyn with A.J.
Ellis Island
Syracuse Crunch game
mommy-daughter day
Lake Placid ?
Liberty Bell
Free Library
Constitution Hall (?)
find that Flyers statue
whatever else A.S. tell me to do in Philly
Holocaust Museum
milkshakes
PENGUINS - CAPITALS March 8th !!!
Spy Museum
see the White House (since I can't go on a tour)
Lincoln Memorial
Library of Congress
Amada for Tapas (gotta eat!)

So, 10 of 25. That’s what, 40%? EPIC FAIL. And I wouldn’t change it for the world!

5 comments:

Jessclub7 said...

I'm glad to see that literacy is taken very seriously by the Crunch.

And I really enjoyed the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall - especially because I am a big fan of the documentary 'National Treasure'.

And because it was free.

KD said...

You're making me love Stefan Legein. That cracked me up!

mer said...

hands off! he's MINE :P

ali said...

Well -- sorry to dampen the mood -- but I read that Karl Alzner got sent back to Hershey. But hey, it's still another 2 odd weeks till the Caps/Pens game -- plenty of time for him to make it back to Washington.

JK said...

Yeah, Alzner's back with the Bears as part of the never-ending defense shuffle. Hopefully he'll be back -- he deserves to be back! Sorry mer :(