Sunday, 8 February 2009

this is a good omen

I'm actually a bit stunned.

Every team I was rooting for won last night (well, except Chicago). This is good. Very good. So good that I'm actually not entirely sure how to process it. Even the Sens won. In a shoot-out. But they won.
Heatley, clearly you can sense my seriousness on the ass-kicking front; you were rushing the net all night, so I can forgive you for not notching any points. On Wednesday though, after a three day break, I expect points buddy. Points. Plural. They can be assists. Two points. Minimum. Got it? Good. Now go get some rest. *patpat*

This, folks, is what happens when you bet against Canada...

But tonight was all about Wins (with a capital W). Four Wins. I'm crossing my fingers for the Pens tomorrow against Detroit. On both hands. And my toes. I'm looking forward to Orpik steamrollering Hossa (or Lidstrom, or anyone really - sorry Deets).


*HOCKEYDAY GAME SUMMARY*

Syracuse over Toronto 4-1.
This almost makes up for the Leafs kicking Carey Price's ass. Almost. Anyone in Montreal willing to kick Carbonneau's ass on my behalf? I will take full responsibility for any ensuing assault charges...

This is dated, but hands-down the funniest thing I've read in ages. So bizarre.


Columbus over San Jose 3-2. In OT, but it's the Sharks. With their back-up goalie. So that can be forgiven. And it's still two points.

Feel the Love (@ 0:27).




Giants over the Portland Winter Hawks 4-2.
46-4-0-3. Sick. So sick. I'm going to have to have to come up with some kind of classification system to determine just how SICK this team is... (based on win% maybe? hmm, Sunday project...) Off the top of my head, I'd say the Giants are quickly approaching Pneumonic-Plague-proportion sick-ness (and deadliness). Ooh, this is going to be fun...

sick. just sick.


My Lovely, Wonderful, Talented, OTTAWA SENATORS over the dastardly Buffalo Sabres 3-2. In a shoot-out, mind you, but it's gotten to a point where I don't care. A win's a win. Cory Clouston's first win as an NHL Head Coach (or any kind of NHL coach for that matter). Congratulations Cory!

l'homme de l'heure (et du match)



And, just in case good vibes mean anything in this universe, GO PENS!!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

"Sigh" So much for good vibes and the Pens :(
Did you happen to catch the Michael Buble interview after the Canucks game? Quite funny. He is a big-time hockey fan; he even owns part of the Giants. I love finding out about celebs that are hockey fans, like Rob Zombie, who is also a big fan. Of course, it is the best game going!

Lauren said...

So much for the good vibes...It was like Games 1 and 2 of the SCF all over again...awful.

I watched the Columbus-San Jose game the other night (since I actually get coverage of the Blue Jackets here in Cleveland) and it was pretty impressive. Too bad the Pens couldn't emulate them in their game against the Wings today.

mer said...

@ susan - yeah I was at the Giants game where they announced that Buble was co-owner. It was pretty cool. He was out signing autographs during intermission, but he looked more excited to be hanging with Milan Lucic than anything else. :)

Val/stovgirl said...

@mer - I left a message for you on fb. I was so pained by the pens/wings game that I went grocery shopping after the second goal by Hossa and just waited for my pens alert to let me know they had lost, but again...two words, Brian Elliott (sp?) oh, and have I told you lately that i love Jason Spezza (loving referred to as Spazza in our household!)

At this point...go Sens...!