Monday, 9 March 2009

JT = Bigger than Jesus... okay, not Jesus, but bigger than Peter Lee (who???)

Yeee-ah...

I love this kid.


And this is why. I'll say it again because they don't seem to be listening: tank Ottawa, tank! Tonight, for the first time EVER, I am *pauses to take a deep, steadying breath* praying the Leafs beat the Sens because it means we'll be two points closer to the bottom of the standings, which aren't actually that far off ever since the Islanders started drinking ambrosia for breakfast, lunch, and pre-game dinner. Ottawa's only nine points from the bottom. Suddenly the top shot at JT doesn't seem so far off... 25% chance baby, 25% chance...

* * *

In other news, today may have been the most unexpectedly perfect day I've had in I'm-not-actually-sure-how- long. I wandered around the Arlington National Cemetery with a great old friend who I haven't seen since 2003 (it may actually be 2002...) and a great new friend who decided to extend her long weekend just a little longer and hang out in DC for one more day.

Now, I'm sitting in a coffee shop at the corner of 15th and Q in Washington, DC with free Wifi and a slice of (perfectly sour) cherry pie, not entirely convinced that the last four days have been real.

So much has happened that I can't believe it's only been four days. At the same time, it's flown by so quickly that I feel like it's a bit unfair for it to be over already. I've got so many photos - at least 150+ but, old-school as I am, I need to get them processed before I can get them posted. In all likelihood, that won't happen before Thursday, and most likely won't be until the weekend as this trip is ending all too soon and I'm going to spend tomorrow getting back to NYC and then going to the MOMA and the Guggenheim. Well, that's the plan. If it's nice out, I'll probably end up lolling around in the sun in Central Park trying to perfect my March sunburn (!)

I'm currently in denial that in less than 35 hours I will be taxiing down the runway at JFK on my way home. I'm not ready for this vacation to be over. But then, who ever wants to return to reality?

5 comments:

ali said...

Sorry about the outcome of that Sens/Leafs game... It was close...

Have a safe trip back to BC! :)

mer said...

Heater got the game winner, so I think I can forgive them. He's 8 goals and/or 19 points from regaining unequivocal-favourite status.

KD said...

I saw on NHL on the Fly this morning that Heatley got the game-winner. I thought of you. :)

Val said...

Did you have to remind us that you can get a sunburn in March, even in Central Park? Sounds like you have had a great time...hope Heater knows how close he is to regaining his status...

Lauren said...

I'm still in denial that I'm back in Kent, Ohio.

And I definitely got sunburned yesterday...it's hard to say if it happened at Arlington or one of the other 58943843209843 places we seemed to make it to yesterday.

Have a safe trip back! :)