Wednesday, 11 March 2009

A Schizophrenic Hockey Post


Sykora is back on the ice and heading to Ohio. Even if he isn't back in the line-up for the game against Columbus, who are hella excited for the end of the season. Steve Mason has now logged NINE shut-outs this season.


Team #6 in the East vs. team, #6 in the West tomorrow at 4 p.m. PDT. The Pittsburgh Penguins face off against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Want to see a 2-1 win in OT for the Penguins so that Mason keeps his stats up, Columbus gets a point, and Pittsburgh gets two. Also will be cheering for the Pens because they pull rank (sorry Mase...) - at some point, I'll have to explain my NHL ranking system because there is a specific order in which I cheer for teams.

Coincidentally, my Pens are on the longest winning streak in the league. Booyeah!

Big win against the Caps March 8th!

My Sens are on a four-game winning-streak (the second longest in the league right now) and are officially out of the TANK 4 TAVARES (for now). Check it out!


Speaking of JT: the perils of failing to record history accurately are as follows. Turns out the OHL can't count. John Tavares may not have broken a record (mind you, wait a day or two and I'm sure he will).

11 comments:

KD said...

OHL, I'm embarassed for you.

P.S. I love that picture of Petr. :)

Val said...

I love that picture of Mason...

Sounds like your trip went well, Mer, and I so glad...now, get back to "Welcome..." please! We miss it!

lauren said...

I'm starting to worry about Columbus, because I really think that if Detroit were to play a playoff series against them right now, Detroit would lose.

Oh, OHL. I wonder if I could get a job with them? I can count, I promise!

mer said...

@deets - I cannot believe you committed that thought to words. Even if it is incredibly true.

mer said...

@val: vacation = the answer to writer's block. expect a new chapter sometime this weekend.

lauren said...

@mer- after 12 years of following them religiously, I am nothing if not realistic about my team's chances. But if they can hold onto the sixth spot and we keep first or second we won't see them in the first round, and then maybe we can build some momentum.

And yay for a new chapter! =]

mer said...

@ deets - the game on Sunday should be interesting... I think it will be a pretty good contest, I just hope I can get a feed somehow.

lauren said...

@mer- if Detroit shows up for the full 60 minutes, it will be a good contest. If not... well, have you seen some of the scores lately? 8-0, 8-2... and those are games we lost. But Hossa's due back this weekend, so that should help.

Someone on the DRW.com boards usually finds a feed somewhere, I can send you the link if one gets posted.

mer said...

@ deets - I actually meant to ask about Hossa; I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but that head-first-into-the-boards made my stomach churn.

And thanks for the DRW.com tip. I'll check it out :)

lauren said...

@mer- it's never fun to watch someone get hurt, regardless of which team they play for or how you feel about them. Apparently the issue has been that his knee got really swollen and stiff- his neck/head have been fine since early this week. I'm curious what the lines will look like with him, we haven't had all our forwards healthy since... late January.

Jessclub7 said...

Totally random David Tennant stalking comment:

I have a friend who lives in Shepperton, Surrey which is home to Pinewood Studios, Shepperton Studios etc. And David Tennant has been staying there whilst filming something for the BBC and she met him in the local shop this morning.

I think we are all a little jealous of her.