Friday, 20 March 2009

Sens-Habs 5-4 Wins and other hockey madness


The Sens beat Montreal.

In REGULATION.

And the Pens are 5th in the east (as of 2 p.m. PDT).

And Columbus pretty much have playoff spot locked up. GO MASON GO!!!

If that kid does something insane like, oh say...
win his team the Stanley Cup in his rookie season,
I will buy his jersey.


Hell
, if Columbus makes the final, I will go to Ohio for the duration of the series.

Oh dear lord, did I just write that? I think I just did... oh hell. Well, since Columbus going all the way would be a Oilers-2007-Cup-Final-appearance level upset in the Western Conference... but if it happens I'll seriously do it because it is statistically nearly impossible for a team to make the Cup Final in their first EVER playoff appearance... I'm going to look this up actually, for kicks.

Oh man! I do LOVE playoff season!

8 comments:

Val said...

woohoo, Sens! I love that they won in regulation, that's right, regulation and that J. Tuutu got a goal - who knew?

sister, if Columbus makes it to the SCF, I will personally pay for your plane ticket to Ohio for the duration :)

Val said...

I meant Ruutu not Tuutu, sorry it is friday, other than that I have no excuse!

mer said...

@ val - careful, I may be forced to hold you to that ;)

(And I'm dyslexic so I actually somehow read Ruutu anyways...)

Susan said...

Because of you, Mer, I've been voting for Mason as my Fan Fav. I'll vote for him anytime, as long as there are no Pens in the voting. He is an amazing goalie!

Lauren said...

"Hell, if Columbus makes the final, I will go to Ohio for the duration of the series."

I will hold you to that. :)

mer said...

@ susan - he is :)

@ lauren - oh, you *know* i'm just crazy enough to do it...

KD said...

I'm with Lauren. If Columbus makes the finals, we'll be meeting you there.

mer said...

@ k - careful... you know how shit goes down sometimes when I want it to...