Saturday, 18 April 2009

Goal-tenderitis

I've caught goalie-loving-disease. I blame Lauren. Really though, I feel almost obliged to pledge solidarity with goalies because they, like me, are a little insane. To decide to become a writer, you have to be almost as nuts as someone who willingly places himself between 21 people and their target for a frozen, flying chunk of rubber. And to think guys used to do it without a mask...


Boys I'm Rooting For Today

#29
Tyson Sexsmith.
Holy Glove Save Batman!
Western Conference Final Starts Tonight in Vancouver.

#1
We all want Steve Mason to win tonight.
Shut the Red Wings out.
Hey, if Nash, Malhotra and Vermette show up to all three periods tonight,
you may actually have a shot at winning a game...


Just When You Thought The Day Couldn't POSSIBLY Get Any Better...



Dear Steve Mason,
I was pretty sure I couldn't love you any more than I already do. Thanks for proving me wrong.
Cheers,
Mer

I was laughing uncontrollably. Howling. With. Laughter. There were tears in my eyes. (Hell, there still are!) Also, Flower & JStaal... two words: back door. You boys are KILLING me!

5 comments:

Jessclub7 said...

Much tidier! :)

Val said...

Mer, that video just made my day and I am now officially a Flower follower because he so successfully defended his honor...

ali said...

Terrific video... just terrific...

:)

Safoora said...

Hahaha, too funny.
What's with the Staal bros getting beat on by skinny dudes? --first Marc and Semin, and now Jordan and Fleury.

Susan said...

Thanks for my laugh of the day! Priceless (no pun intended). Of course goalies are great, but I admit I am biased; I married one :)