Monday, 6 April 2009

Top 3 Things to Make My Monday

3. The headline: Sens aiming to spoil Habs' playoff party and the accompanying article. No Habs No. Even if you are the main NHL team in my novel, doesn't meant I want you to actually make a huge Cup run or anything. GO SENS GO! Do what the Oilers did to Van last year. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here. The Oilers were already out of the playoffs. Oh, and then, to add end-of-season-insult to playoff-denial-injury... ouch...)

LATE EDIT: Even better than that headline? THIS!

Oh, and this:
Dany Heatley scored two goals 38 seconds apart to put Ottawa ahead with 7:59 remaining in the third period and the Senators dealt a big blow to the Montreal Canadiens' playoff chances with a 3-2 win on Monday night.
Dear Dany Heatley,
You are my favourite.
Love,
Mer

p.s. You're only 3 goals from 40. You have 3 games. Do it, buddy. Do it!

You can bet I'll be posting a link to the No Habs No! letter to Heatley when it goes up on the Sens Army Blog.


2. Daydreaming about the Audi R8 5.2 V10 FSI Quattro. It does 0 to 60 in 3.9m seconds. I want a black one. When, not if. (WHEN I get a book deal like Stephenie Meyer's ... so maybe a harp isn't the only thing I'll splurge on.) The I-70 won't know who hit it.


1. Mail. Any and all kinds of non-bill mail, but especially the really CUTE kind involving stuffed Penguins or rookie goal-tenders. :)



LATE EDIT: crying. laughing. God bless The Hockey Junkies and associated internet hockey bloggers.

7 comments:

ali said...

That's a beautiful car... a very very beautiful car... :)

Maybe I can take a ride sometime...

Lauren said...

I want a ride sometime too! :)

mer said...

@ ali - what are you doing every saturday of the 2011-2012 season? There are some plots you may need to be in on :P

@ Lauren - can you drive standard?

ali said...

@mer -- Oh dear... 2011-2012? Well, I checked my calendar, and I'm completely free on all those days. ha.

KD said...

I love plotting! :)

Lauren said...

I currently don't know how to drive a standard, but don't you worry, I will learn ;)

mer said...

learn, those puppies don't come in automatic.