Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Fantasy Lunch Date



Yesterday on Twitter, NHLDigest posed the question, If you could have lunch with any NHL player, who would it be and why?

My initial response was the obvious. I know, sad state of affairs. Since it asks why, I'll go ahead and tell you. I'm a girl and Mike Green is wicked hot. Yeah, I said it. As I've said before, I can't get enough of his sexy tats, bedroom eyes and faux hawk. Shut up. Also, he had a record-breaking season, as he now holds the NHL record for goals scored in a season by a defenseman. In addition, I'd like to talk to him about playing the guitar - he's teaching himself. Maybe he could teach me a few things. Minds out of the gutter...


However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it would be difficult to choose just one. If this is my lunch date, why can't I choose more than one? I can, so I will.


I'd love to have lunch with Colby Armstrong, because, well, I adore him. I'd also like to have lunch with Sidney Crosby, so why not have a double lunch date with the two of them? I can't even imagine the hilarity that would ensue. I'd be willing to bet anyone any amount of money that my stomach would be hurting by the end of the afternoon from laughing at the two of them. If Colby could be serious for more than two minutes, I'd love to talk to them about hockey and growing up in Canada.



Next up: Pascal Dupuis. This lunch date is for purely girly reasons. It's no secret that I am a sucker for a man with pretty eyes. Pascal Dupuis' eyes take my breath away. Literally. There was this one time at Mellon Arena at the glass... Ok, I digress. I'm well aware that he's married with children, so I'd just stare into his pretty eyes while he talked about hockey, being Quebecois, or whatever he felt like.




Last but not least, I'd love to have lunch with Kristopher Letang. He's a favorite around here, so that should be no surprise. Not only is he all kinds of swoony, but I have a feeling he's really funny. He's the kind of guy that you'd want to start out having coffee with at about 11 AM, then head out to some place like the Point for a picnic lunch, then stroll around the streets of Shadyside engaged in conversation. I'd want to talk about hockey and him being Quebecois, but I'd also want to talk about anything he had going on in that pretty little head of his. He just seems like the sensitive type with a lot on his mind. I'm currently taking French lessons (per my tutor, I'm somewhere between beginner and intermediate) and he seems like he'd have enough patience to help me perfect the language. An afternoon with Le Swooon would be lovely, for sure.


There are plenty of NHLers that I'd enjoy spending an afternoon with, but these four make the final cut. Now it's your turn.  Which NHLer would you like to have lunch with and why?

10 comments:

mer said...

I think everyone will simply assume I'm going to say Kris Letang, only I'm not.

I'm going to say Mario Lemieux (for obvious reasons) and, although I'm not *entirely* sure why, Steve Yzerman.

ali said...

I don't even know who I would pick...

I think I'd go with Mr. Art Ross 09 -- Evgeni Malkin.

I don't really know why -- other than the fact that I think it'd be a blast.

And... in case some conversation starts getting lost in translation -- Sykie can come along too (As much as I appreciated Miro stepping it up lately... I REALLY miss Petr).

Jessclub7 said...

I am going to be contrary and pick Sean Avery.

Almost entirely because I want to see a grown man wearing shorts and a suit jacket.

And to see if he carries a manbag with a copy of Vogue coquettishly peeking out of the top.

And I would invite Phaneuf at the same time and just sit back and enjoy the show.

Like fishing with dynamite ...

Val said...

@Jess - bahahahahaha!

I would like to have lunch with Bobby Orr to hear all the "back in the day" stuff and Sidney Crosby to see if he has a personality!

Susan said...

I would have to pick Max Talbot; maybe a double lunch date with Kris Letang? Yummy!

Cari said...

Do you even have to ask me?? Kris Versteeg. No, wait! Derek Roy! No, wait! Kris Versteeg.

Hell, can I have them both? On separate occasions?

lauren said...

@mer- Stevie Y exudes animal magnetism. Also, you want to lecture him on who should be on the Olympic team. ;-)

I would also like to have lunch with Stevie Y (this should surprise none of you) or Vladmir Konstantinov (neither is a current NHL player; oh well). Anyone else involved with the Red Wings would be cool, especially Ken Holland, Mike Babcock, Nick Lidstrom, Valtteri Filppula, or Pavel Datsyuk. The last two would be nice because I think I could actually have a conversation with them; everyone else I would be in a terrified stupor.

Susan said...

My son, Matt, would like to go to lunch with Max because" he would get the Superstar discount". Can't argue with that :)

Lauren said...

Well, as long as we're going "back in the day", Ronny Francis. For sure. I know this pick doesn't have great timing considering who we're currently playing in the WTFCF, but he was one of my favorite (and most under-rated) Penguins.

But if we're talking about active players, Kristopher wins, hands down.

I think I would only want to go with Sid if Colby came along too to lighten him up - I'd be afraid of talking to Robo Sid the whole time.

I think I'd love to have a lunch date with Max though - I feel like he'd be very gentlemanly and hysterically funny and adorable at the same time

Of course, lunch with Mario would also be amazing, but he'd probably have to do most of the talking because I'd be so in awe of him.

mer said...

@ Lauren - We have gone over how Max and Colby are on my pitchers and pool list... lunch too, but only if there was beer involved.

I think Sid would be interesting, if you got him off guard and non RoboSid.

@ Deets - Stevie is just cool. But the 2010 discussion would be interesting.