Monday, 4 May 2009

Top 6 Things That Defined my Francophone Education

6. These strange magazines that had stories and comics in them.
They had red covers and a one-word title that I cannot, for the life of me, remember.
If you know what I'm talking about, tell me what they're called... please...
It's driving me nuts that I can't remember.


5. Le Chandail de Hockey. It's so Canadian they quote it on our money.

4. Les schtroumphs. You call them Smurfs. I can't do it.

3. Tintin. I didn't know they had English versions until I was about 9.

2. Barbapapa.


1. La Guerre Des Tuques.

4 comments:

ali said...

Maybe a year from now -- when I'll have been through two semesters of French I'll look up those books and see if I know what anyone of them mean...

haha.

The hockey one looks like a lot of fun. :)

Clare said...

I actually totally remember the magazines but can't remember what they were called either, now it will bug me too. If I think of it I will let you know.

Jessclub7 said...

It's so weird how certain things stick in your mind.

My friends and I still talk about our Spanish textbook which had a storyline running through it about the man in the red bandana who rode a donkey and kidnapped Pedro and his family in South America and bundled them onto a train. The school year finished before we could find out what happened to them haha!

And the fact that everyone in the German textbook was called Andreas, Knut or Dirk.

Gen said...

La guerre, la guerre c'est pas une raison pour se faire mal... Now I need to watch it again.