Friday, 19 June 2009

Following the Faux Hawk





I had planned on doing a Following the Faux Hawk summer feature as soon as my Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins eliminated the Washington Capitals on May 13. I haven't had too much luck. Turns out, my favorite Calagarian is either a) not very interesting; or b) no one cares. I'm going with the former, beceause clearly, I care!

One would think that setting up a Google Alert for Mike Green, Washington Capitals would result in some interesting summertime news. Yeah, not so much. So far, I've learned that my dear Mikey is recovering nicely from an injury. What injury? Did he drink too much after being eliminated? Did he sit too long in his hot tub and get all pruney? Don't ask me, because I don't know. No one said. How's that for fact reporting?








What I do know is that Joel Madden Mike Green can wear the hell out of suit. While wearing the hell out of said beautiful suit, Michael had his mother on his arm. Back-up and rewind! Mike Green, you brought your mother as your date to the NHL Awards?! Did you also have a kitten on your lap during the festiviites. Stop it. I mean it. Stop it, right now.





This has been a tough week for Mikey. First, his beautiful visage was replaced on my desktop by a Stanley Cup Champion. I will be rotating desktops all summer long, so he won't be gracing my computer screen again anytime soon. I should probably learn to be more supportive, because that's just rubbing salt in his already painful wounds.

Second, he didn't win the Norris Trophy. As the envelope was opened, I crossed my fingers, scrunched my face up, and closed my eyes as tightly as I could. It didn't work. Zdeno Chara won instead, which didn't upset me entirely. He's pretty BAMF, and he gave an awesome acceptance speech. Way to man-up and thank your wife for putting up with you and bearing your children. All men should be like you.

I know you are all dying to know what Mike is up to this summer, so hopefully he does something interesting. Or maybe Caps fans and the Washington media could stalk him down for me. I'd do it, but I'll be too busy following Lord Stanley all over the world.

5 comments:

malin said...

As a caps fan i feel oblige to keep you updated so here we go: Green been on vacation in Florida and The Dominican Republic with team mate Nicklas Bäckström (known from the hopefully soon published "Welcome to the Big League").After that home to Calgary and it's a shoulder injury.A linky with some Green updates: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/catching-up-with-mike-green.html

Kylie said...

@Malin
I now bow down to you. thankyouthankyouthankyou

25superstar said...

@malin-MY fave Cap on vacay with KYLIE's favorite Cap? what what?! Kylie, whadya say we crash their little shindig in the DR?! YESYESYES!!!

Also, Zdeno Chara is 6'9" of class. Wow, what a man. I was so happy he won!

Val said...

@25superstar - loved Chara's speech last night - he grew in stature (pardon the pun!) after that...

Kylie said...

@25superstar
Pack your bags, lil lady! We're off to the DR!!

Vacay of a lifetime. Let's take a moment and think about that...

Sigh.