Thursday, 11 June 2009

I had a dream...

Admittedly, it's not nearly as epic as Martin Luther King's, but for me it's pretty much the bee's knees as dreams go this week.

Game 7
I am at work (that's realistic at least) watching on the big screen (also realistic)...
1-1 tie until the dying moments of the 3rd.
Then, the messiest play of the series...
and Dupuis scores.
Or is it Fedotenko?
No one knows.
No one cares.
Pittsburgh erupts like Vesuvius on August 24th, 79 C.E.
Only with less life-suffocating ash, and way more cheers and beers and revelry.

No one should lose three game sevens.
Especially not Petr Sykora.

5 comments:

Val said...

Love your dream, and it is epic, but in a different way than MLK's. You are so right, no one should lose 3 games 7s, especially Sykkie!

25superstar said...

it shall come to pass.

mer said...

If it does, I will almost certainly have a heart attack. I know what the play looks like. I can see it on instant replay in my brain. It scares me.

Please let it happen. Please.

Susan said...

I dreamed that Flower won the MVP, hopefully both our dreams come true!

ali said...

Just so you know -- I pull up your blog in a tab just so I can listen to Detroit Rock City (and others) while I surf the web.

Your dream was/is fantastic.

I am prepared to be in tears tomorrow night -- in either scenario.

GO PENS!