Monday, 15 June 2009

Max Talbot is Birthday Santa

Dear Kylie,
We heard it was your birthday so we decided to throw you a parade! A really big one. Thousands of people are coming out for it. And a few of your friends are coming in from out of town to celebrate with you. Oh, and GUESS WHAT? We got the Pittsburgh Penguins to be in it! And you know that big mug you wanted for you birthday? WE GOT THAT TOO!!! Don't we rock? Do you love us? Because we love you!
lovelovelove,
Pittsburgh

p.s. HAPPY 26TH BIRTHDAY KYLIEBEAN!!!




This year, a few people wanted a certain mug for their birthday. Mer, Lauren, our beloved Kristopher...


And Kylie.

Clearly the boys took our request seriously, and no one more so than the ever-clutchtastic Maxime Talbot. (Max, we really owe you some drinks. Keep scoring us goals; when we finally meet you, we'll buy you shots of tequila for every single goal you've scored us - so far we're talking at least eight shots of liquid gold, sir. At least. Seriously, keep scoring. We're buying. We're gonna get you smashed some night on the Southside...)
Not only does he score for us, he grants birthday wishes too.
Max Talbot is Birthday Santa.


Kylie wanted the Cup for her birthday, and what princess wants, princess gets. She doesn't get a day with the Cup, she gets the bloody Stanley Cup Victory Parade for her birthday. I mean, she gets an even better party than Lauren and Mer got during Games 4 through 6 of the second round (although that Birthday Weekend was AWESOME and unforgettable and life-changing as well). Except that I won't be there. WHICH BLOWS. I wish I could be there. For the parade, but more importantly, for Kylie's Birthday. She knows that the entire time I'm at work, I will be wishing I was on a flight to Pittsburgh to take her to dinner at Buca di Beppo.


Ky,
I miss the hell out of you. Happy Birthday, honey! You know I'd be there if I could be. Next year, I will be. Promise. Make sure today is the 3rd-most incredible day of 2009! (Because not much will top June 12th or May 7th...) I'm making a wish for you. Make sure you go balls-out having fun and hopefully it will come true!

Hugs and kisses and lovelovelove and Stanley Cup Victory Parades,
Mer



Sid? Time to share. You owe the birthday girl some quality time with Stan.

7 comments:

Kylie said...

I love you.

If this is any indication of how my birthday is going to be, I'm not sure I'm prepared for all that awesomeness.

26: When, not if.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, Kylie! I know it is going to the The Best Birthday Ever!

Clare said...

Happy Birthday Kylie!! Enjoy the parade! I have this weird feeling something awesome is going to happen today possibly during the parade, but I could be completely wrong. And by awesome I of course mean other than the Penguins cup parade.

Val said...

Feliz cumpleanos a ti, Kylie...

Enjoy your birthday day, and know that you are much loved!

25superstar said...

je t'aime, kylie.
what a heck of a post, btw!

vancitycanuck said...

Great post Mer. I don't even know you Kylie, but from what I've heard about you from Mer you are fantastic!

Have a great birthday!

ps. very jealous of everyone who got to see the parade...

Kylie said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone!
♥♥♥

@vancitycanuck
You'll totally be meeting me when I come to Van for the Games!