Wednesday, 3 June 2009

Top 5 Reasons I Lovelovelove My Job

5. My bosses (Captain, Fish and someone I will refer to merely as The D-man) love me. Enough to give me hugs that involve my feet leaving the ground and me spinning... I'm 5'8" and I'm not a twig; spinny hugs take actual effort.

4. I work in a KITCHEN. Nuff said.

3. (...or not...) A kitchen attached to a pub. A university pub. Where Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final will inevitably be playing on the 'big screen' -ie. a 10'-square projection screen- tomorrow night while I'm on the clock. This is Canada after all, we broadcast the Cup Final no matter who the hell is playing. And people watch the Cup Final no matter who the hell is playing. I also get an accumulative hour of time off over the course of my 8-hour shift... which, tomorrow night, may be taken all at once (if The D-man will let me get away with it) so that I can catch the whole third period. Or I'll just have to find a lot of dishes that need taking back up to the pub...

2. There is a boy who may need a 'le' title... we shall see if he is worthy...

1. Apparently 15 minutes before the end of my shift is Beer O'clock. After 7 hours and 45 minutes in a kitchen that's hotter than Hades, I am SO not turning down a free pint of Keith's...

No comments: