Sunday, 12 July 2009

Following the Faux Hawk




Mikey, it really is so easy to love you....and mock you incessantly.




Well, well, well! It seems as though my favorite man in Scarlet has been invited to Canada's 2010 Olympic men's hockey team orientation camp. I am so proud!

I am also well aware that he's going to have to work his cute lil behind off to make the the Olympic team. He'll have some stiff competition from the likes of Jay Bouwmeester, Dan Boyle, Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger, Robyn Regehr, Dion Phaneuf, Marc Staal, Shea Weber, François Beauchemin, Brent Burns, Drew Doughty, Stéphane Robidas, Dan Hamhuis, Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook.

Since the competition is so stiff, I'm here to offer Mike a little extra motivation to make the team. If he makes the Olympic team, I will purchase his Team Canada jersey and where it proudly in Vancouver for the Games. That's right, I am making a bet with the universe.






I figure that purchasing his Olympic jersey is my way around the shame of owning a Mike Green jersey in Pittsburgh. So please, Mikey, do it for me!








Orientation Camp will run from August 24-27 at the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary. I don't know when the final roster will be announced (if you know, please inform me), but you can guarantee that if Mike Green makes the cut, I will cry tears of joy. Yes, I'm that big of a dork.




Stop looking at me like that, Michael.

2 comments:

ali said...

I think you and dearest Mikey should catch a Red Sox game in Washington. The Nats park is beautiful and the Sox have to play there eventually with inter-league play. You might just have to wait a little bit.

Oh -- I think it would be a splendid idea for you to own a Mike Green Canada jersey, if only because I think the idea of someone I love owning a Caps jersey is disgusting. I dread the day when my brother comes home with an AO jersey... ugh.

25superstar said...

that pic of mikey is breathtaking. you have to buy that jersey. HAVE TO.