Saturday, 4 July 2009

Happy Fourth of July



This was supposed to be a post dedicated to the American Hero; I had been planning it for weeks. On Thursday, that all went to shit. I will remember July 2, 2009 for the rest of my life, just like I will remember where I was and what I was doing on February 26, 2008.

I'm sure you could argue that I still should have done my post. You're right, I could have, theoretically. However, I'm not. It will be a very long time (if ever) before I can talk about this without a) getting angry; b) crying; c) wanting to kick a puppy; or d) all of the above. I can guarantee you right now, the first time the Pens go on the 5-on-3 in 2009-10, I will cry. No doubt about it.








Since the Fourth of July is not about or heartbreak, or feelings of betrayal, let's move this party in the direction of drunken revelry where it belongs!







Happy Fourth of July!

!


5 comments:

25superstar said...

i will be there to hold you, darling.

YAY FOR INDEPENDENCE!!!!

ali said...

I could argue that for the British the 4th does bring about a lot of feelings of heart break and betrayal... But, I'm not British, so I wouldn't be the one to ask.

Jess???

Jess said...

I am too upset to comment. I can't believe we let you go.

Only joking!

Our house is actually having a 4th of July BBQ later on - everyone has to come dressed as something 'American'.

I am going to be the Statue of Liberty - mainly because I have a green bed sheet.

We are having fireworks and everything. This is what happens when you share a house with someone who lived in Ohio for 2 years ...

mer said...

I'll only cry if we BLOW that first five on three...

Val said...

@Jess - a photograph of you in a green bed sheet would be most excellent!

@Kylie - this too shall pass!

@gsgs - Happy 4th women!