Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Sidney Crosby Days

Happy Sidney Crosby Days! We are now 87 days away from the start of the 2009-2010 season. I'm getting excited already! It's going to be a long summer, fer sher.

Since we already know how fabulous our Captain is, we're not going to bore you with stats that have been reiterated throughout each every season in which Sidney Crosby has been in the NHL. So, sit back and enjoy the beauty and wonder of our Captain in pictures (and video)!





I may or may not have fallen in love with Sidney Crosby after watching this video...







Ok, I lied. I am going to include some numbers for your reading pleasure.
What can I say, I can't resist fun facts!


Sidney Crosby Fun Facts

-Holds Penguins franchise record for assists in a season by a rookie (63).
-Holds Penguins franchise record for points in a season by a rookie (102).
-First rookie to record 100 points and 100 penalty minutes in a season.
-Youngest player in NHL history to record 100 points in a season.
-Youngest player in NHL history to record 200 career points.
-Youngest player in NHL history to have 2 consecutive 100 point seasons.
-Youngest player to be voted to the NHL All-Star Game.
-Youngest player in NHL history to win the Art Ross Trophy.
-Youngest player in NHL history to win the Lester B. Pearson Award.
-Youngest player in NHL history to be named to the First All-Star Team.
-Youngest player in NHL history to be named team captain.
-Youngest captain in NHL history to win the Stanley Cup.
[Mer's thoughts: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!]




In addition to fun facts, I also like to giggle - quite often and for long periods of time. That's why The Onion is so clutch. The fine folks over there enjoy showing us a whole new side of Sidney Crosby.

Call To Arms!

In honor of Sid's birthday, I will, in typical Peachy fashion, be doing a blow-out birthday post and I need your help! Give 'er the ol' college try and send me your best Sidney Crosby Blingee creations!

If you would like a Blingee of your favorite player included in a future Summer Feature post, by all means, send that too!

Please send your Blingees to pensfan8725@gmail.com All Sid Blingees must be received by August 1, 2009.

5 comments:

Jess said...

The Onion = genius.

"I bought my dad this really cool visor" - I don't think that quote was made up. I think Sidney Crosby would buy his dad a visor and would think that it was the epitome of cool.

And then he would laugh his girlish laugh and run off to show Mario his gift shop haul. Just like I would do with my parents when I had been on a school trip and had bought yet another neon pencil/eraser/ruler combo.

Val said...

I love the days when you are in charge of naming them...

25superstar said...

while i love everything about this post, that first picture kinda took my breath away. like wow.

Susan said...

You just made my day! I do love this post, and the pics, of course :)

lauren said...

For some future days...

5- Lidstrom (DET)
19- Toews (CHI) and/or Yzerman (DET). I can't pick one.
27- Quincey (COL)
32- Lehtonen (ATL)
51- Filppula (DET)
58- Bass (OTT)

And I can help with researching/writing some of these, since clearly I won't be working or anything. =]