Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Turn downtime into uptime

Indeed... the title of the post is the tagline on adverts on the buses in Van for this one cell phone service provider. Well, Telus, I think you're full of fail. Time on the bus isn't even downtime, it's nothingtime. It's let-your-mind-go-gloriously-blank-on-the-way-to-work-because-it's-far-too-early-to-be-awake time.

Bus-time is not downtime. Downtime, real downtime, is sacred. So much so, that I make a point of reveling in it. I love downtime. I need downtime. I'm not getting any right now.

Which is why I haven't posted anything resembling a normal Mer-length rant in forever. It's not that the hockey season is over, it's that I'm working 5 nights a week after trying to write all day. Sadly, this isn't going to end for another few weeks (at which time I will have a 3 week respite from the insanity before Labour Day... joooyyyyyy... >:( that's my unhappy face.

The only bright spot on the horizon (that isn't Christmas) is my upcoming trip to Buffalo. That said... Do I have my plane ticket? Big FAT no. Do I have my shifts at work covered? Yeah, I should get on that, eh? Am I worried? Are you kidding?

In true Mer-fashion, I'm sure it will all work out... I mean, it has to. So it will.

2 comments:

25superstar said...

BUFFALOOOOOO
i will hug you.
and you will like it.
mmmkay?
WOOOOOOOO!

lauren said...

And really, if it doesn't work out that just means that I have to take a side-trip to Vancouver to kidnap you. =]