Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Adam Burish Days

I apologize if today's post takes a long time to load. I love this man, so there's lots of picture and video spam for your viewing pleasure...


I have been waiting for today since we started this little project with 99 days until the start of the 2009-10 season. I write today's post with a huge smile on my face as I bring to you my favorite Chicago Blackhawk and second favorite resident of Wisconsin. With 37 days left until my favorite season, I present to you, Adam Burish Days!








Adam 'I'm a Pretty Man' Burish was born on January 6, 1983 in Madison, Wisconsin.

He was drafted in the 9th round of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, 282nd OA by the Chicago Blackhawks.

Prior to his NHL career, Adam played four years at the University of Wisconsin. He served as captain for the 2005-06 national champion team, and assisted on both goals in Wisconsin's 2-1 victory over Boston College in the title game.








Go ahead and swoon. I do.








Adam made his NHL debut with the Blackhawks on October 14, 2006 at St. Louis and scored his his first NHL goal January 22,2008 at San Jose.

He netted his first Stanley Cup playoff goal and the Western Conference Quarterfinals series-clincher on April 27, 2009 against Calgary.

During the 2007-08 campaign, Adam became the first Blackhawks player since Bob Probert in 1998-99 to rack up more than 200 penalty minutes in a single season.














Someone needs to explain to me how this is possible.

Dear Puck Bunnies, Stay away.

I prefer the Red Sox, but I'll allow it...

Not much can be said about this. Oh. My.






























It's still tough for me to watch this...Thankfully, he was ok.


"I don't know how my head is still connected. It was centimeters, millimeters from slicing my neck."






You know by now that I cannot resist hockey players with children...









Wow, this is epic. Two of my very favorite NHLers in one picture...













I have some how managed to develop a thing for men in red sweaters. Before too long, I'm going to need an intervention...

3 comments:

Val said...

I don't think an intervention will be necessary until your entire desk area is covered with red...

I love Bur, Wisconsin loves Bur, everyone loves Bur...I was telling Meli about going on a Bur hunt this summer. He was hard to find, but when you are hanging with Toby Keith, well, that explains it.

I love your "Days" posts and this one has totally made my afternoon/evening...

25superstar said...

reading this with you here was priceless :] lol

mer said...

When an intervention becomes necessary, I'll cure you by forcing you to wear my Heatley jersey for as long as is necessary until you regain your senses.