Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Brooks Orpik Days

Today's man of the hour needs no introduction. In my humble opinion, he is one of the scariest men in hockey and I am darn glad he plays for the Pens. I have been face-to-face with him and I'm pretty sure he burned a hole in my soul with those laser eyes of his.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Brooks Orpik Days!


Brooks was born on September 26, 1980 in San Fransisco, California and was the first round pick of the Pittsburgh Penguins, 18th OA, in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.

He played three seasons for Boston College and won the NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship in 2001.

Brooks made his NHL debut and played in six games during the 2002–03 season.

He signed a six-year contract last summer with the Pens worth $22.5 million.

Brooks is named after Herb Brooks, the former Penguins head coach, and the coaching legend that led the United States to Olympic gold in 1980.





In 2008, Mr. Orpik found a permanent place in the hearts of Pens fans with....

The Shift



A little eye-candy for your Wednesday...



Sometimes Brooks isn't always a scary man.
In fact, he also has a softer, cuddly, kind of side.

























Flip Cup with Stanley

44 days away from the start of the season, Brooks is fighting for his chance to represent the USA in Vancouver

USA Promises to Bring a More Physical Brand of Hockey

Just stop it! Hockey players and children are just too much.

4 comments:

lauren said...

You just HAD to show a video of him smashing my boys, didn't you? =P

In happier news... 44 days!!!

Lauren said...

44 is wayyyyyy too many...When is it going to be IceBurgh days away? ;)

Val said...

I am so happy to have "Brooks Orpik Days" because I was feeling a little forlorn today that I wouldn't get to see him live and in person...thanks so much, I can now go on with my life!

25superstar said...

if i was on the opposing team, i would be afraid to see Free Candy coming towards me.

But, he's also very cuddly.

IS IT OCTOBER YET!?