Friday, 11 September 2009

Brooks Laich Days


By the time you read this, I will be on my way to the land of leadership and cheesesteaks. I hope I survive....


Three weeks. 21 days. There is ice at Mellon Arena. We're actually going to make it through this Stanley Cup summer without dying from hockey withdrawal. I'm really proud of us. I myself didn't know if I could do it. Brooks Laich is proud of us, too.








-Born June 23, 1983 in Wawota, Saskatchewan
-Drafted in the 6th round, 193rd OA in 2001 by the Ottawa Senators
-Made made his NHL debut with Ottawa at New Jersey on February 3, 2004
-Traded to the Capitals on February 18, 2004
-Won a silver medal with Canada at the 2003 World Junior Championship











Brooks Laich plays for the Washington Capitals and I like that. Yeah, I like the Caps. There, I said it. Well, I like (most of) their players. However, I don't want them to win. I want Mike Green to score a lot of goals, but still lose. How that is supposed to work, I have no idea. In any case, I will be seeing Brooks Laich and his best buddy in two weeks. I'm trying to figure out how not to squeal too much. So far, I haven't gotten that one nailed down yet.











Brooks Laich is the peanut-butter to Mike Green's jelly. The milk to his cookies, the peas to his carrots. If you love the boy, you have to love his best friend, right? Right. Why? I said so, that's why.

We also like pretty boys and Brooks is one of those. We so picked the right sport to fall in love with.

You know what else? Brooks makes fun of Mike a lot, which I love. If there's one thing I love more than Mike Green, it's making fun of him. What can I say, the kid is an easy target. I'd like to buy Brooks a beer for making fun of Mike as much as he does.







You know you want to see this again.




Cribs Version 2.0




Cribs Version 3.0. Apparently, Brooks enjoys moving...



Cribs Version 3.1





Squeeeeeeeeeal!

I know you've already seen this, but watch it again.





The Pens report for training camp on Saturday.

I will be there on Sunday. I can almost smell the ice....


5 comments:

25superstar said...

Dear Brooks,
I wantz to hug you at Convention....can we make that happen?! Please and thank you :)
lovelovelove, Erika

Val said...

My Friday is now complete, thanks to you Kylie darlin'...

Brooks is such a lovely, lovely hockey playing speciman...schwing, swoon, squeal, and wowza!

Lauren said...

So the ladies man video? Absolutely adorable until I almost vomited around the 2:32 mark. Gag.

My sister and brother-in-law have the same dining room table and chairs as Brooks Laich.

Ahhhhhhhh I can smell the ice already!

ali said...

Oh... the Mellon Arena ice. I wish with all my life that I could be at training camp with some of you all on Sunday... But rest assured, I'll be thinking of you while uhhh... sit in my room doing homework??

Anyway -- Re: Brooks Laich. There's a guy in a Bears jersey in this post. Hhhhmmm... I must admit. I miss them.

Ky -- Thanks for finally admitting you like the Caps. We all knew you did... Something must be done about that. Hhhhmmmm....

mer said...

Dear Brooks Laich,
Stop. Just stop. You're wreaking havoc on my subconscious.
lovelovelove,
Mer