Friday, 4 September 2009

Eric Godard Days

I can't believe we are 28 days away from the start of the season. It almost doesn't seem possible. Training camp opens next weekend and the puck will drop on the first pre-season game in two weeks - it's almost hockey time!

I am often asked who my favorite Penguin is. My typical response is, "Like a mother, I can't choose a favorite - I love them all equally." However, if I were forced to choose, I would have to bestow this great honor upon one Eric Godard. I. Love. This Man. I am proud to admit that he is the love of my Penguins life.



Eric was born in Vernon, British Columbia on March 7, 1980.

He Played three seasons for Lethbridge Hurricanes of WHL from 1997-00, tallying 15 points with 549 penalty minutes in 133 games. He led the WHL in penalty minutes with 310 during the 1999-00 season.

Eric went undrafted and was signed as a restricted free agent by the Florida Panthers on September 24, 1999. After spending three seasons in the AHL, he was traded to the Islanders in June of 2002.















He made his NHL debut with the Islanders on October 17, 2002 and scored first NHL goal on December 19, 2005 against Toronto.

In August of 2006, Eric was signed as a free agent by my beloved Calgary Flames.

On July 1, 2008, the hockey gods smiled on me and Eric signed a three-year deal with the Pens.

During the 2008-09 season, Eric had a career-high, 21 fights (swoooon!)







I enjoyed this beautiful display from my seat in E4....















Steve MacIntyre was sidelined for 26 games after Eric broke his orbital bone. Sorry about your luck, sir.





You know by now how I feel about hockey players with children.

Eric with the children is almost too much for me to handle.








Eric and Miikka, be still my heart!











I wouldn't let anyone else get away with this. Not even Mike Green.







And this, my friends, is one of the many reasons why I will always love Eric Godard...




LATE EDITS


I was so overwhelmed by my love for Eric, that I forgot some things in the original post...


Thanks to Susan for remding me that Eric already had his day with the Cup!


There he goes again with the children. STOP IT.

Wait, nevermind. Please don't.





4 comments:

Susan said...

You did see today's post from the Hockey Hall of Fame, didn't you? It was Godard's day with the Cup. A couple of photos on the posting; I'm sure more will appear in the Gallery section later.
GO PENS!!

Val said...

Most excellent post, Kylie, you are on a roll...and I love his red suit - now, honey, that is a real man!

25superstar said...

dear sir,
you are a sexy stanley cup champion.
lovelovelove, Erika
ps-the pimp suit has superpowers

Gen said...

I can't wait for Max Talbot days, its so close I can smell it